Our Briar Blooms are made from natural flowers which have been dried or preserved. Unlike fresh flowers, which have to be replaced every few days, Briar Blooms makes your own home beautiful in an ecological, long-lasting, and economic way. Best of all, our arrangements are pollen free, making them fantastic for those prone to allergies.
What is a preserved bloom?
A preserved flower that has undergone a special conservation treatment that maintains all of its beauty.
What is the method?
- The flowers and plants are cultivated meticulously and with painstaking care. The croplands are especially designed to have the perfect climatic conditions for each flower.
- The flowers and plants are harvested when they are in full bloom to ensure their beauty and quality and placed in a chamber
- This chamber has the ideal humidity, light, and temperature conditions that the plants need.
- The plants are placed in special containers that hold a specially prepared solution made from glycerine, water, stabilisers, and dyes.
- Once the product is treated, it is washed and dried over several days at a controlled temperature.
- Lastly, a selection process and a quality control check is carried out, during which any damaged leaves or petals are removed.
- The product is ready to be packed used and enjoyed for a lifetime.
How long do the blooms last?
Briar blooms flowers have a general shelf life of 1-7 years depending on their variety and how they are stored. Keeping your preserved flowers away from direct sunlight and aircon vents will enhance their lifetime. The dried variations such as the sunflower will have the longest lifespan as they are less delicate than some of the preserved varieties.
Are preserved flowers toxic?
The substances used in the preservation process are non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-carcinogenic, non-explosive and non-chemical reactive.
Do the blooms have fragrance?
During the preserving process the fragrance of the flower is disbanded.
How do I care for my preserved and dried Briar Blooms flowers?
1. Avoid direct sunlight. Light may cause colour variation and fading.
2. Drink-free floristry! No water is required.
3. Keep in a cool, dry spot in the home as humidity may cause discolouration.
4. Do not expose your blooms directly to air conditioning or heating vents.
5. And most importantly, make sure to take pleasure in your new everlasting arrangement!